Intermittent Fasting Dinner Recipes
Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (approx. 454g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (approx. 30g)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips (approx. 150g)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips (approx. 150g)
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (approx. 200g)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (approx. 75g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (approx. 6g)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (approx. 30g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (approx. 21g)
- Optional: green onions, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes per side until pink and opaque. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir in the bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and honey. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- If desired, garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes before serving.
Nutrition Information (approximate, per serving):
- Calories: 281
- Carbs: 15g
- Protein: 28g
- Fats: 11g